Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-300 Screen freeze

profile.country.en_GB.title
MartinG125
Visitor

PRS-300 Screen freeze

My PRS 300 is continually having a screen freeze, to say it's frustrating in an understatement!  I've had to reboot it 3 times today!  I seem to be getting a screen freeze every other day even though the battery is full and it's ruining my enjoyment.

This can't be right.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?  Can it be fixed?

Thanks

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_IE.title
supernan
Visitor

Hi there I had the same problem, mine would freeze at the end of every chapter and sometimes I couldnt turn the page for hours despite rebooting, I ended up having to send it back to Sony for repair - its working fine now!

profile.country.en_GB.title
MartinG125
Visitor

Finally had to send my e reader back to Sony for repair, it worked fine for 3 months and then totally stopped, couldn't do a thing with it.  Rang Sony and they wanted an £28 before they would even look at it!

My wife has the same model e-reader and she couldn't get on with so she gave me her model to use and guess what..........yep, it's now doing the same thing!

Totally fed up!

We are frantically looking for the receipt as it's still under guarantee.  But am feeling totally disillusioned by e readers.  At this particular moment they seem a waste of money 2 readers at £100 each plus 80 odd books at say £5 each, that's £600 down the pan.

Thanks SONY!!!

Seriously thinking of going back to proper books, at least they don't break down.