Join now - be part of our community!

where have the on screen icons gone?

profile.country.en_GB.title
netherssailing
Visitor

where have the on screen icons gone?

I did have on screen 'turn the page' icons etc. visible originally, but now they have disappeared, This is annoying, particularly as some books open at the last page. Does anyone know what to do?

I've got the pocket ereader

2 REPLIES 2
Drumzman
New

Hi nethersailing,

It sounds like you have the PRS-350?  I can't recall seeing on-screen page turn icons, only a page return icon on some of the menu screens, but if you want to turn pages quickly then I'd suggest a couple of options that can help speed things up a bit.  Using the physical page turn buttons at the bottom left of the device, if you hold the one you need down then pages will turn quickly in the chosen direction.  If you prefer to use the touch screen you can achieve the same by moving your finger from right to left (or vice versa to turn the page in the opposite direction) but leave it in contact with the screen until the desired page is reached.  Alternatively if you're trying to cover a lot of distance, from the last page of a book to the first page for example, you can always press the OPTIONS button, choose 'Go to' and then 'Select Page' and you can either enter a page number directly or use the on screen slider control at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

netherssailing
Visitor

Thanks for the help.Yes, it is the PRS 650.  I'll try what you suggest. When I first used the reader there were the options of 'fast forward' and 'fast return' with double arrows, and one press went, for example from the last page to the first. It is these that have gone. I still don't understand why some books open at the last page, which is annoying.

Otherwise I think it's a great device