Join now - be part of our community!

cmt-spz90db micro system power problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
GAVSTOTT
Visitor

cmt-spz90db micro system power problem

Hi

I have the above (Micro hi-fi component system), it is about 3 years old. It plays tapes and the radio works ok, but when I put a cd in the display dims and it seems to struggle. It often won't play an audio cd or an mp3 one,  or if it does it will jump or cut out altogether.

I can't tell if it is the cd unit or a power problem, let alone what to do about it.

I'd just buy a replacement but systems with cd(audio and mp3) and DAB radio are scarce.

Any advice appreciated

Gav

Message was edited by: GAVSTOTT

Message was edited by: GAVSTOTT

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_IE.title
thosull24
Visitor

I have the same model about 2 years the tuner has gone 4 times the first 2 under warrenty Anybody else with same problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
oakrisebarn
Visitor

I have had exactly the same problem with this model. The tuner just comes up with 'no service' . It has been repaired twice now, once under warrantee and once out of my pocket and has just failed for a third time in exactly the same way. Have you had any support from Sony, I am on the verge of hurling it into the nearest skip  and never touching another Sony product again. 

profile.country.en_IE.title
thosull24
Visitor

It was repaired for free by a service shop who had repaired it last as a token of good will