Join now - be part of our community!

CMT-X7CDB clock functionality

bzalar
New

CMT-X7CDB clock functionality

I just received my new CMT-X7CDB personal audio system. Although equipped with all the most moden networking and wireless streaming functionality, its clock display functionality makes me wonder whether there is anybody at all at SONY development testing the unit at all. Although advertised as a nightstand companion, the clock display is at least mediocre. When the unit is playing media, the only way to check the clock is to press a button to display time for only 8 seconds. There is no way to set the clock display as default. Even bigger surprise comes at night when the unit is in the stanby mode, without displaying anything. To see what is the time, you need to fish for the remote in the dark, press DISPLAY, and wait for at least about 3 seconds until time is shown for 8 seconds before the display is blanked again. What a nightmare! In the future, SONY please charge me two bucks more, for a system that costs 300$, and implement the time display functionality of any lousy, 40 years old radio clock for 10 bucks!

Bostjan

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, I agree.  That certainly is a silly thing to miss out.  You could always email Sony Support and ask them to develop and roll-out a firmware update to fix or add this to the system?

Cheers