Join now - be part of our community!

mx750ni - doesnt store presets?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
b00son
Visitor

mx750ni - doesnt store presets?

is there any way to get the mx750ni to store internet radio presets? every station i try says 'not available'

Message was edited by: b00son

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Stephan009
Visitor

I tried again yesterday having heard from previous message that it works, and, can you believe it, it stores my presets! It seems Sony have done something or have had vTuner do something. Too bad that my mx700ni now talks to me in German, but storing presets is an improvement after all. Maybe our complaints have worked after all! Thanks everyone for phoning Sony.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Stephan009
Visitor

Unfortunately no answer from me; I just wanted to say I experience the same problems. I just bought an mx700ni. Now I am just checking the forum pages before I am going to call the Sony tech people. The manual says that some stations cannot be stored, but I didn't manage to store a single station. No answer, anyone?

profile.country.en_GB.title
b00son
Visitor

found a page in the FAQ for this unit that says vtuner doesnt support storing presets... not sure how true this is, as other people with different brand units running vtuner dont have this limitation (cant verify if this is true though)

profile.country.fr_FR.title
AGS7849
Visitor

I discover that it's not possible to store Internet Radio on Preset Functions.

It's a major weakness of this product and I'm very unhappy about it.

It's written in the help that preset isn't supported by my Service supplyer.

What dosen that mean : my Internet Supplyer ?

Sony doesn't inform us if it's planned (A web Site or a firmware update ?)

profile.country.fr_FR.title
Bruno741
Visitor

I made the same experience with a MX700NI. I can confirm that this function works on similar products, even lower level products, such as a SAGEM, that I bought more than a year ago. Presetting Internet radios worked without any restiction on it.

This is clearly a bug of this product, but no firmware upgrade is available on the Sony website.

I contacted the Sony consumer service and they had not answer, not even news about plans from Sony to fix this problem.

This is a schame! I have chosen Sony because I thought their products are problem free and they had a very good user support. Apparently this was a wrong assumption.

Message was edited by: -frank-

profile.country.da_DK.title
mole123123
Visitor

I have the same problem!!!

Please respond SONY !!!!!

What to do????

Regards

profile.country.pl_PL.title
Forcio
Visitor

Hi all,
I bought my mx700ni yesterday. I have exactly the same problem. I have firmware of 1.16, and you ?
it is the most expensive model on shop and this bug. Sony, is it joke ?

Regards

profile.country.de_DE.title
adriannzde
Visitor

I also have the same problem in the MX 700 NI unit I bought yesterday trying to save any internet radio stations.

This cant be right? A response from someone from Sony would be appropriate at this point, but I wouldnt bank on it!

Vortex80
Visitor

Hi all,

Same problem here. I've bought my MX700Ni last week and I can listen to every radio station provided by vTuner (wired as well as wireless), but I can't store them as preset on the Hi-Fi set, getting the error message "Not available" everytime. I as well haven't got the "Registration code" option in the menu as the manual states.

I thought that my firmware might be out of date (version 1.16), I've connected to the Hi-Fi's LAN IP-address from my computer. There's a page with device details and the possibility to update the system software. However, when I click on that, I get the message "Press [OK] to reboot in update mode" after that I'll get an "Invalid operation error". I've checked if I can also reboot in update mode from the device itself, but it isn't mentioned in the manual.

Besides that, I was also wondering why I can't add any own custom radio streams.

On my nightstand I've got another Wi-Fi radio / alarm clock (Revo iBlik) that only costed me about € 70,-. This one is using Frontier Silicon Internet Radio Portal (instead of vTuner). And there I can manage and categorize all my radio stations from a web site. A friend of mine has got a Reciva Wi-Fi radio that's working on the same basis. I thought Sony should've created something user-friendly like this as well.

I've also discovered that Pioneer, Onkyo and JVC are also using vTuner as the internet radio portal. So, I guess it should be a good portal. Can't believe it hasn't got these basic features. Every brand does have it's own vTuner-site. Sony as well: http://sony.vtuner.com. But, unfortunately, you need your radio ID to login. And since I don't have the option in the menu, I cannot figure out what to use. I've tried the MAC-address as ID, but no luck there.

I really hope Sony is going to do something about it and make something user-friendly as we might expect from such a great and well-known electronics firm as Sony.

profile.country.fr_CH.title
lbalogh
Visitor

Same problem here... not being able to store internet stations in presets renders the feature totally useless imho !

I've just contacted Sony through their chat support, and the guy simply said "it's not supported" :angry: