Join now - be part of our community!

RX88 Mini Hifi problem with the cassette player

SOLVED
bnbx_vux
New

RX88 Mini Hifi problem with the cassette player

I have an old school mini hifi system RX88 with two cassette decks. I inserted a cassette tape into other one of the decks. After listening for a while the tape got stuck and the whole system shut down. When I pressed power again, "EJECT" appeared on the screen and the device shut down again. The manual advises simply to remove the cassette and then press play again. However, after removing the cassette the system still thinks there is something wrong with the cassette player.

I remember having the same problem once before. That time I took the machine to a repair centre and they fixed the problem. Now I'd like to DIY since the player is like 15 years old and not worth the repair costs. So does anyone know how I could either 

a) fix the bug

b) remove or deattach the cassette player since I don't really even need it?

I think this topic deals with the same issue: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ele...

I think the easiest way would be to somehow fool the machine to believe that there is no cassette player at all. Do you think the machine would operate if I just cut the cords between the cassette decks and the motherboard? I dont have a soldering iron so removing the components the right way is not an option.

I know this is a long shot but every help would be much apprechiated :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bnbx_vux
New

I resolved the problem. If someone faces the same issue, pulling out this cord did the trick. Now my RX88 doesn't have any cassette players at all :yahoo:cassette_player.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bnbx_vux
New

I resolved the problem. If someone faces the same issue, pulling out this cord did the trick. Now my RX88 doesn't have any cassette players at all :yahoo:cassette_player.jpg