Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S4100/BDP-S5100 supports RMVB files?

SOLVED

BDP-S4100/BDP-S5100 supports RMVB files?

Hi there, just want to know whether BDP-S4100 or BDP-S5100 supports RMVB (.rmvb, .rm, .rv) files? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can understand your confusion here.  The Hong Kong site says its supported, whereas the UK site (and others) only has a brief run-down of supported files.

Unfortunately I cannot shed any light on this either.  However I do have a suggestion - You could copy a few of the files that you want to play onto a USB drive, visit your local Sony Centre and test it on one of the models in the store.  The sales staff usually dont mind (if you ask). 

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Don't think so - these are Real Media related extensions right?

Yes, but why the specifications of BDP-S5100 in the following link showing the USB Playable Types of Files
Video: Xvid, WMV9 (.wmv, .asf), AVCHD Disc Format Folder, MPEG-1 Video/PS (.mpg .mpeg), MPEG-2 Video/PS, TS ( .mpg, .mpeg, .m2ts, .mts) RMVB (.rmvb, .rm, .rv), MPEG-4 AVC (.mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .m2ts, .mts), MPEG-4/AVC (.mov, 3gp, .3g2, .3gpp, .3gp2), VC1 (.m2ts, .mts), Motion JPEG (.mov, .avi)
Music: AAC (.aac, .m4a), MP3 (.mp3), WMA9 Standard (.wma), LPCM (.wav), FLAC (.flac, .fla), Dolby Digital (.ac3)
Photo: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe), GIF (.gif), PNG (.png), MPO (.mpo) *1

http://www.sony.com.hk/products/apps/product/simplePage.do?modelCode=49865679&lang=en
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can understand your confusion here.  The Hong Kong site says its supported, whereas the UK site (and others) only has a brief run-down of supported files.

Unfortunately I cannot shed any light on this either.  However I do have a suggestion - You could copy a few of the files that you want to play onto a USB drive, visit your local Sony Centre and test it on one of the models in the store.  The sales staff usually dont mind (if you ask). 

Hope that helps.