Join now - be part of our community!

BDVE-870 missing all icons/widgets/apps. YouTube, Lovefilm etc

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bigcol4
Explorer

BDVE-870 missing all icons/widgets/apps. YouTube, Lovefilm etc

Hello everybody,

My player was working perfectly well until I updated the software. Since then I have lost all my apps YouTube etc

I contacted Sony and they felt it was a problem with my ISP. I have restored the system to factory settings and can confirm I still have a wired internet connection.

I have now switched ISP and still my system shows no apps.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bigcol4,

I would suggest contacting the Sony Customer Information Centre on 0844 8466 555 & explain your situation then if they can't help they should be able to point you in the right direction..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Very strange. are you able to test it on another connection at a freinds house or something like that? I think this must be an isolated issue as there are no other similar issues as far as I know. What happens when you run the network test on the device, does it give you an IP address?

Thanks

bigcol4
Explorer

Hello Catmambo,

Thank you for your response.

I confirm the system has an internet connection, I can get an IP address.

I have actually just moved to a new address and can confirm it does not work even with a new IP.

Kind regards

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

So its giving you an IP, but then nothing is listed under the Video tab in the Xross media bar right? Have you tried initialising Personal Information as well as the factory reset?

Blu-ray - Home>Setup>Resetting>Reset to Factory Default Settings + initialise Personal Information

Thanks

bigcol4
Explorer

Hello again,

Correct nothing is listed under the video tab.

I have tried the factory reset a few times, I notice when I select Software Update I still have the most up to date Software. The problem only occured after I had update the software. Is there any way of restoring the Software to it's initial state?

As for deleting the 'Initialise Personal Information'; I have just tried that and restarted the system but no change.

Here is a picture of my video tab, apologies for the glare.

Thanks again

2012-10-14 12.21.53.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  bigcol4,

If initialising Personal Information & resetting your BDV-E870 fails to solve the problem then try resetting your BDV & your router  & then try connecting your BDV-E870 to your network again..

Unfortunately there is not an option to restore to a previous firmware..

If none of the above resolves your problem then I guess you could either contact your local repairer or contact Sony support as I suspect a repair will be required.. :slight_frown:

Contact Sony support

bigcol4
Explorer

Thank you for your advice Thalamus,

I have reset the player on numerous occasions and am now using a different ISP with no luck.

Sony will charge me to repair the system even though the firmware update is what damaged the system, unfortunately following their link to find a service centre to repair it shows no results in the entire country!

😞

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bigcol4,

I would suggest contacting the Sony Customer Information Centre on 0844 8466 555 & explain your situation then if they can't help they should be able to point you in the right direction..

bigcol4
Explorer

I know this is a really old forum but I should mention Sony never resolved the issue. I could never get a answer what caused the problem (their faulty software update!!!) and I couldn't take it to any of their repair centres as none were within travelling distance of me.

Poor effort Sony