Join now - be part of our community!

HDD says it's full but it's not! RDR-HXD995

profile.country.en_GB.title
GeorgieW78
Visitor

HDD says it's full but it's not! RDR-HXD995

The HDD says it is full but I know it isn't.

It was close to full 24 hours ago when I last recorded so I watched several programmes to clear it down, deleting them as I went.

I went to set it for later and noticed it said 0 mins left. I'm not sure at what point that happened, whether it was when it finished recording or when I deleted the 1st, 2nd or 5th programme.

I have since tried deleting more programmes including the last few I recorded and that hasn't helped.
The unit had not been turned off during all of this so I tried turning it off, leaving it and re-trying but it still says 0.

I have optmised the HDD but that hasn't fixed it either.

I'd don't want format the disc as I have programmes I don't want to lose and they cannot be edited to dub off.
Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: GeorgieW78 Further to the above. I started dubbing off some programmes and then deleting them which was fine for about 5 discs. Then having dubbed one I started to delete the programmes, it froze and was unresponsive so I left it for an hour before holding down the power button to reboot it. Since then it has said repair on the display and is a blank black screen on the TV. It has remained that way for about 18 hours now. I just tried to reboot again. The lights go off, then it makes the start up noise but just says repair. There is no noise from the machine and having left it for 18 hours before I conclude it's not actually repairing itself as page 150 of manual would suggest. What can I do?

0 REPLIES 0