Join now - be part of our community!

Help Needed! BDV-E370 Home Theatre System

Charlie20v
Explorer

Help Needed! BDV-E370 Home Theatre System

Hello, I have a BDV-E370 home theatre system that will not open/close the disc tray when the eject buttons are pressed. I have tried holding 'eject' and 'stop' simultaneously for 5 seconds to enter/exit demo mode but nothing happens (I don't get the demo on/off message). I have also put the BD player into service mode and done the drive tests which open/close the drive no problem, so I know the drive works and there isn't anything jamming it.

I have also noticed that when the player is on standby if I press eject either on the remote or on the player the system will power on and the tray will open as it should and if I press it again the tray will close, but then after that will not do it again unless I power off the system. 

Has anybody got any idea what might be the problem? Any suggestions will be much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm not familiar with your product but just to get things clear for everyone reading your post, is this a new device or has this problem only started happening recently?

Also I'm interested in how you found out about the 'service mode', is this something written in your manual or have you obtained the information from elsewhere?

Cheers

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
misarka
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem and nothing helped ..still waiting !