Join now - be part of our community!

How do I join two recordings together?

SOLVED
jasperjohn
Explorer

How do I join two recordings together?

I have a RDR-HXD870 recorder. I can edit out bits and combine chapters within a recording, but I can't figure out how to combine two separate titles into one. I want something that has been recorded in two parts to be merged together into a single title for burning to DVD. Is this possible - if so how? I am aware of (but haven't used) the Playlist feature, but I don't think that that is what I'm looking for anyway for creating a single title on a DVD.

Thank you in anticipation.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jasperjohn
Explorer

OK. I'll give it a try when I get time.

Much obliged.

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'll try to give you some more hint.

• First of all, the RDR HXD series are not capable of playing movie files from USB, forget about writing anything there. In order to move file from the HDD to a PC the only way is via DVD
  • It's possible to combine two or more titles in one only when dubbing to a DVD (but this seems to be your need in any case). You should use the feature described as "Dubbing using dubbing list" (should be on manual page 100 in UK): in step 7 you enter the "Edit Title" menu that is described 2 pages later and in which you may combine, edit, divide the selected titles
  • by the way, depends on what you want to do with the created DVD, if you leave the titles divided, skipping the option above, when you play the DVD, automatically the player plays them continuosly one after the other: so you get the same result even if in the menu you see 2 or more titles.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Mr_Onion

Short answer. You cant.

Long answer, you can BUT you will need to do it on the PC

Transfer the recordings to DVD, install NERO on the PC, and use that to combine the recordings and save them to DVD.

I know its a convaluted process, but it works.

jasperjohn
Explorer

Thanks for your help. I had thought about doing it via a PC but I was hoping there was a more direct approach.

At least now I know!

jasperjohn
Explorer

I guess I could just try this, but as you seem to have tried it before I'll pick your brains...

...could I just copy the two recordings onto a USB memory stick, use that to transfer them to a PC, then combine them, put them back on the USB memory stick and return them to the recorder then use that to create the DVD as normal?

Am I showing my ignorance - would that fall foul of compatibility or format problems?

Thanks again.

Mr_Onion

The memory stick should work (assuming its big enough) personally I use rewritable DVD's to transfer between PVR and PC

jasperjohn
Explorer

OK. I'll give it a try when I get time.

Much obliged.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'll try to give you some more hint.

• First of all, the RDR HXD series are not capable of playing movie files from USB, forget about writing anything there. In order to move file from the HDD to a PC the only way is via DVD
  • It's possible to combine two or more titles in one only when dubbing to a DVD (but this seems to be your need in any case). You should use the feature described as "Dubbing using dubbing list" (should be on manual page 100 in UK): in step 7 you enter the "Edit Title" menu that is described 2 pages later and in which you may combine, edit, divide the selected titles
  • by the way, depends on what you want to do with the created DVD, if you leave the titles divided, skipping the option above, when you play the DVD, automatically the player plays them continuosly one after the other: so you get the same result even if in the menu you see 2 or more titles.

Hope it helps

Mr_Onion

:flushed:  forgot that Roob. There I was going for the complicated option (again)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi Mr. Onion,

it's more complex to say than to do. Give it a try to combine the title in the DVD dubbing function and you'll see that's not so complex

jasperjohn
Explorer

I will definitely give that a try. Thank you very much rooobb!