Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
robmerce
New

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

I have had the soundbar for a week and now the OSD isnt working, my connections are secure.

The soundbar is working well other than that.

It is ARC to ARC HDMI connected too

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Sony third one has got the fault too....

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

So third one having the fault came out of nowhere like the first two.

Called Sony support, who for once were useful and recognised I had tried all troubleshooting steps.

They said they will escalate the issue as could see I had 2 registered previously whigh were handled as refunds and that both had the exact same issue.

I insisted I wanted them to make an exception and find a repairer who will come to my home as I simply cannot transport such a large device.

They said they will get in touch Tuesday,

Lets see if that is honoured along with sending out someone to repair...

Previous to this third one arriving I had replaced all HDMI cables going into the unit and changed which wall socket it's plugged into (not via a multi plug strip or anything).

Extra coverage purchased through AO.com has proved to be useless ass the manufacturers guarantee supersedes it within the first year, so am furious about that.

I find the side. nput menu that sometimes appears interesting, in that the HDMI inputs are nameless, just empty gaps in the list.  Possible indication that the HDMI is at fault?

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Mine 3rd faulty one is being picked up by a courier on Saturday to be taken to the nearest repair centre.

Hopefully they'll be able to repair and not just replace as don't want this issue yet again.

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Just been picked up.

i acceded the service menu and took photos of all the firmware, boot loader etc versions on the info pages, so can compare against when it comes back repaired.

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Guys. You should avoid these at all cost. Look at the HT-ST9 issues.

Same on this, and after 12 months Sony don't care.

If it breaks with 6 months demand a refund.

It it breaks after...pray that it fails before 12 again to state your rights and get a refund.

Garbage.

I managed to return mine to Amazon after 13 months as Sony didn't care.

talisman69
Explorer

.Hi Flashheart8

I am having the same issue you described below, did you find a fix for it?

A heads up for anyone worried about this fault, mine started a couple of weeks earlier when the unit would reset certain settings ie. HDMI setting changing from enhanced back to standard also any HDMI renaming reverting back to HDMI 1,2 or 3 over night

profile.country.GB.title
Flashheart8
Explorer

Hi

Mine was sent off and had the main board changed, which seems to be the norm at the minute.

Runs a little cooler on top (still very warm), this running hot problem could be down to specific grid voltage, hopefully they've addressed this with the new board, if it is.

Although i noticed it had randomly changed some settings again yesterday, lets hope it's a glitch 😕

cjdemelker
Explorer

Ok, just encountered the same problem exactly as described in the first post. My soundbar is about one and a half week old.

I contacted my reseller and they can't give me a refund and my only option is sending it to Sony for repair. It can take up to 3 or 4 weeks. I'm really ***** off at the moment, especially considering the amount I paid for a so-called 'premium' product. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound etc. but this is is not right. When I read that more people have the same problem and with a second and even third product. I'm afraid what's going to happen in my case.

If Sony can replace my HT-ST5000 with a new one I want to give it a try. I do not want to wait a month!

If that will be the case I want a refund so I can go for another product instead. What are my rights as a consumer?

This absolutely sucks, especially for a company like Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Sorry to hear this.

I've done my best to raise awareness on various forums.  Not everyone searches forums for sentiment and quality after the product has been out a month or two.  And do they shouldn't have to.

Sony is a disgrace that they are allowing this to continue to happen.