Join now - be part of our community!

RMT-D248P no finding channels

SOLVED
yellowteapot
Explorer

RMT-D248P no finding channels

Hi,

My RMT-D248P cannot find any channels. It worked fine with exactly the same set up before the issues that a lot of people experienced along July 19th ... I have tried both hard and soft reset, neither works.

Can anyone help? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi yellowteapot,

be sure you're burning an image on the cd not copying the file *.mem you donwloaded from the site (there is a specific function in Nero to do it). In case it still doesn't work, I saw other asking the Sony Customer care to send them a working CD sent directly at home

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
yellowteapot
Explorer

Sorry meant to say it's a hd recorder / dvd player
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

RMT is the code for the remote, you should indicate the code for the DVD recorder (ie HXD870).

In any case you should be sure about the fw installed (1.24 for HXDx90 series or 1.70 for HXDx70 series) and then follow the step for hard resetting the recorder (stop+power off, unplug from main for 1 minute, easy setup procedure). It should work unless you have different problem with the signal in your zone

yellowteapot
Explorer

Hi Rooobb,
Sorry! It's RDR HXD870 (by pure coincidence!). I can't seem to find out which firmware version I have but the initial setup won't let me update software so assuming that's up to date?

I've tried both a soft and hard reset with no change, not really sure what to try next?

Thanks for your help so far
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Don't worry. In order to check the firmware installed you have to:

• On the remote control, press the SYSTEM MENU button.
  • Select Initial Setup .
  • Press the ENTER button.
  • Select Audio Out .
  • Select Dolby Digital Output .
  • Highlight Dolby Digital and press the ANGLE button.
  • The firmware version currently installed on the DVD recorder will be listed on the television screen as VERSION: .

There is no automatic OTA update for this system, so you cannot check automatically if it is up to date. Once you verify the actual firmware version, if it is not 1.70 you have to go to the support pages http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/RDR-HXD870/downloads/FW_DVDR_170, download it, burn a CD with the image and go to the procedure that is explained there.

My guess is that, if you don't know the procedure, it is not updated and this may be the cause of your problems.

yellowteapot
Explorer

Hi Rooobb,

Thanks for your help so far. I've checked the version and it's 1.62 so definitely needs updating. Followed the instructions for the updates, but the recorder keeps saying that it can't read the disc? Have tried several discs and pieces of software.

Thanks!

yellowteapot
Explorer

Ps sorry it's taken so long to reply, not had a laptop for the last few weeks!
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi yellowteapot,

I've read several issues on applying the fw update on these machines. Be sure you burn an image on the CD not copying the file on it (I suggest using a CD-RW so you may trying without wasting Cds) with the suggested options (ie.ISO 9660 CD-ROM file system). If I remember well, there are some issues using Windows 7 CD burning standard utilities, I used Nero and worked fine

yellowteapot
Explorer

Just tried Nero and still not playing it ... will have to buy a CD-RW so I can experiment. Used ISO9660 only setting, should I maybe have used ISO9660+Joillet?

Again, thanks for you help so far, really hope I can get this sorted!
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi yellowteapot,

be sure you're burning an image on the cd not copying the file *.mem you donwloaded from the site (there is a specific function in Nero to do it). In case it still doesn't work, I saw other asking the Sony Customer care to send them a working CD sent directly at home