Join now - be part of our community!

SA-Z9R rear speakers

profile.country.GB.title
Frankieboy1976
New

SA-Z9R rear speakers

Hi, does anyone know if the SA Z9R rear speakers for the HTZF9 soundbar are still being produced? I can't find them for sale anywhere and was wondering if they might have been discontinued?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, it seems to be still in production: SAZ9R.CEK | Buy Wireless Rear Speaker for HT-ZF9 & View Price | Sony UK 

You can also check with Sony retailers: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/dealerlocator

profile.country.GB.title
saintstar
Explorer

I can't find anywhere in the UK that is able to supply SA-Z9R speakers.

This is really disappointing as I only bought the soundbar 2 months ago

Any info on where I can get them? or an outlook on when Sony might re-supply some

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero
profile.country.GB.title
saintstar
Explorer

I too tried the Sony Support route, and the reps there assured me it is not discontinued ( even though you can't find a set available online anywhere in the UK.)

I and glad to say that I got lucky and found a set on the reduced rack in my local John Lewis's.

Now why would Lewis's be selling them off like that if they were still current?

I wonder if Sony are going to make the new SA-RS3S compatible

profile.country.GB.title
colinyoung819
New

Hi. Thanks for your post, which gave me some info on my issue. I've just bought a Sony TV & Sound Bar/Sub from John Lewis and didn't get an offer of Rear Speakers during the purchase process. Should have done some more research as it turns out, the SA-Z9R Rear Speakers are still not available in January 2022!

I'm sure Sony can produce a wireless speaker with a frequency range detector feature that will recognize their own sound bar?

I'm not sure how I'm going to solve this conundrum. Sony have replied to other questions with this: We recommend using the SA-WZF9 or the SA-ZF9 speakers. Of course, neither are available in the UK!

I'll keep looking!