Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1030 receiver doesn't turn on with the tv after firmware update

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chrisproud
New

Sony 1030 receiver doesn't turn on with the tv after firmware update

I've got a Sony Brava TV (Can't remeber the model but its less than a year old), sony 1030 receiver and sony blu-ray player. They were all working great and turning on together until I upgraded to the latest firmware. Now when I turn on the TV the receiver does not turn on and I have to turn it on seperatly. I've checked all the HDMI control settings and auto on are enabled and I've also factory reset the receiver but still no joy. Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chrisproud
New

Hi Quinnicus,

I performed a factory reset on both the TV and the receiver at the same time and the seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe something got out of sync while the firmware was upgrading.

Thanks

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This may sound a bit of a long shot but -

1. Ensure that Control for HDMI is still enabled on your TV
  2. Turn everything off from the powerpoint at the wall (TV/AV Receiver and what not)
  3. Try either replacing the HDMI cable with another one (or even swap the existing ones around).
  4. Turn everything back on again - with a fingers crossed.

Cheers

chrisproud
New

Hi Quinnicus,

Just tried your suggestions but no luck 😞

I have discovered I can turn on the amp buy selecting "use audio system" from the sync menu and this works fine but unfortunatly the amp doesn't turn on with the tv, however it does turn off!

The mystery deepens!

Thanks

(tv is a KDL-46HX853)

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the 1030, is the pass-through set to Auto?  Try other settings like OFF?

Page 81 of the manual:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4420298232.pdf

On the TV, goto the HDMI Device list, it should show up AV Receiver or something, but just try clicking the "enable" button, again its a long shot.

If all else fails, and your absolutely convinced that it was the firmware update.  Try contacting Sony Support

chrisproud
New

Hi Quinnicus,

I performed a factory reset on both the TV and the receiver at the same time and the seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe something got out of sync while the firmware was upgrading.

Thanks

Chris