Join now - be part of our community!

Sony EX500

SOLVED
ripface
New

Sony EX500

Hi All,

I love my Sony TV.  It's a great picture, aesthetically pleasing and all in all I've very happy with it.

BUT

I get so p155ed off with the DNLA integration!!  I have hundreds of movies on my ReadyNAS and thousands of songs.  If I want to listen to ZZ Top or watch Zulu it takes *forever* to scroll down the list of items to get to the Z's.  Surely Sony could implement a search option, or a "jump to first letter" facility to make this a bit easier.

Is it just me?  Is there an easy way around this that I've missed? 

Cheers,

Ripface.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Depends on what you mean on cheapish for a network media player :slight_smile:

Have a look at the following : HERE

Available : HERE

As always, do your research fully to ensure that it meets your requirements.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What do you use on the PC in order to share contents via DLNA? If you install SONY Homestream (or serviio on which Homestream is based) you get several folder organized by first letter, last viewed, last added on which you can streamline the search on your content archive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As Rooob suggested below, but you will need to research and configure Serviio on your ReadyNAS (Homesteam you cannot).  Once configured, you should be able to display categories such as Artist/Genre etc

You must bare in mind, a TV is not a Networked Media Player.  If you need/require those functions, you might want to consider researching a Network Media Player.

Another suggestion in regards to making it easier to scroll through lots of files - you could create another level folder, as in the following:

Movies

-> A - D

-> E - K

-> L - R

-> S - Z

Cheers

ripface
New

Good suggestions all!

I had hoped there might be an iPad option to drive the TV with implementation for a media seach facility.  I found MediaRemote which controls the TV well from my iPhone, but it does not add any extra functionality.

I will investigate installing Serviio on my ReadyNAS Duo, it seems the best option.

Any suggestions for a cheap(ish) network player that integrates well with my Media setup and would allow remote access from iPad?

Onkyo SR605

Sony EX500

ReadyNAS Duo (DNLA Server)

I don't use my PC for streaming as the ReadyNAS is "on" all the time, and I prefer not to have to go boot up the PC to watch movies in the lounge  .... lazy I guess!!

Cheers,

Ripface.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Depends on what you mean on cheapish for a network media player :slight_smile:

Have a look at the following : HERE

Available : HERE

As always, do your research fully to ensure that it meets your requirements.

Cheers