Join now - be part of our community!

svr-hdt500 - Won't power up when recording?

vultura
Explorer

svr-hdt500 - Won't power up when recording?

Hello All

Had the above for over 6 months and only recently has it failed to perform as expected.

In short if it is recording, it will not power up as normal and no picture is displayed on the TV, so I cannot use it to watch a different channel from the one being recorded or a previously recorded programme.  The white display comes straight on without pulsing and no noise of the hard drive being accessed as it would normally.  If I then turn the unit off, the light pulses quickly 5 times and then goes off, time taken to go off is roughly 3 seconds.

I have tried the infamous "repair disk" option and a factory reset, to no avail sadly.

Any thought please?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the following topic, it may be a HDMI cable issue.  Try replacing the HDMI cable with another one?

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Home-Cinema-Projectors-Players/SVR-HDT500-won-t-turn-on-when-a-progra...

vultura
Explorer

Thanks for reply Quinnicus.

Having unplugged the hdmi and then reconnecting it did work.

It was the cable supplied by Sony, so should have been ok really.  Have since replaced it with a braided version from a seller on Amazon, no issues since then thankfully.

Mr_Onion

HDMI leads can (and do) go faulty. Also they are sensitive to being plugged in correctly. Trying to plug it in is the plug and socket are not exactly lined up (eg, plug at a slight angle) can damage a connector