Join now - be part of our community!

UBP X800 DSD playback from NAS

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mrstester

UBP X800 DSD playback from NAS

On the specs it says the player supports dsd playback, but it does not recognise any dsd files from my NAS. Is there any way to get itto recognise the files? I tried from a usb drive and they work, why not over the network?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
mrstester

Its interesting, the X800 shows up in device manager as a sotware devices,
but in the media streaming it only shows up as an unknown device! I don't
know how to refresh the media streaming list to identify the X800.

any ideas?
profile.country.GB.title
trigital
Explorer

My son did this job for me...something like right click on network symbol from task bar and into Open Network & Internet Settings you should enable the Media streaming rights for Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
trigital
Explorer

Any news?

profile.country.GB.title
Johndotcom
Explorer

Under the Sale of Goods act you can return item for full refund if misadvertised or doesn't do something it says. I returned mine to Richer Sounds as they accepted miss sold for refund/change of model.

There is a time limit I believe, but still worth trying.

profile.country.GB.title
trigital
Explorer

I receive this toy. It can play everthing from and to Foobar server, but only as PCM. No native DSD, just like any other cheep chinese more sofisticated media players.

It can stream or play 176.4K/16bit 6 channels ( as 64 DSD can be divided ), but only a few seconds..a few samples of pac, pac, pac and then again and again ...16.9Mbit/s is the maximum bitrate for this superb player. When the stream reach 17Mbit/s then the pac, rap, pac come into place. 

Maybe the software implementation is made by a 98 year old engineer, as the disc part is like the most future proof.

Heavy, well build, but without any logic. 

profile.country.GB.title
mrstester

Finally! Yay, just goes to prove if you stick at it, one day you will find the answer.

I had tried various dlna servers to no avail, but then I tried Serviio and it worked. The player now not only plays all the usual formats, mps, flac etc, but dsd64 and amazingly dsd128 both play now.

So if you want to fully use the potential of this very nice player to play hi-res audio, install Stremiio and your problesm are solved.

profile.country.NL.title
edamstra
Explorer

Hello mrstester,

Could you please tell me where you have your files stored and where you installed your server. I installed Serviio on my PC and it couldn't get acces to my NAS with all the music files. Thanks, Eddy

jvenard
New

So what are you using?

You mention 2 different software items that are close to the same but not?????

profile.country.GB.title
mrstester

I eventually ended up using a network bridge and a USB dac. The software is called volumio, it is freeware and works well. I was never able to stream DSD files reliably using the Sony. They do work from USB drives but Thst is not what I wanted to use it for.. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.