Join now - be part of our community!

UBP X800 freezing

profile.country.GB.title
scarlet34
Explorer

UBP X800 freezing

Hi

I am fully aware that ther have been issues relating to the UBP X800 freezing but until recently, this is something i have not experienced.  It manages to just stop working (wont turn off, eject disc, anything) until the unit is switched off at the wall and then on again.  I have had to do this about 5-6 times now since owning it (just over a year).  It had previously done it on Planet earth 2 UHD and today did it on Westworld UHD and Youtube.  Going into the amp i have the sony and a PS4.

Does ayone have any ideas as I bought it from Currys and w all know they can be very difficult in doing any form of repair (and at a year old, they probably wont touch it).  My Sony DVD player was a beauty for about 10 years withought fault so i am a little confused wy the latest tech is not the mostreliable.  I sometimes dread friends coming around to watch films!

The palyer i up-to date.

Many thanks.

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would suggest performing a factory reset by following the steps - 

1. On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  2. Select Setup.
  3. Select Resetting.
  4. Select Reset to Factory Default Settings.
  5. Select All Settings. 

If the issue is still unresolved after performing a factory reset, it would be best to perform a firmware update.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.FI.title
Nikoldeemus1
New

Hi

Freezing problems keeps occuring once in awhile with the same player. Have done factory reset many times. Latest FW installed what's available via network. It doesnt matter which is the disc but happens during the playback. Just yesterday kids were watching dvd disk brand new one when player freezed. Only unplugging the player from the wall helped. Very much looks like a sw problem in the player. Cannot be because of the bad disk. Even if the disk would be bad, player should not freeze totally. Disapointted again with the sony quality. 

profile.country.GB.title
Finman2

Had the same problem.  Exchanged for another and this one works as it should (albeit without SACD support through Sony’s 5000 soundbar!! :angry: ). Seems Sony may have quality control issues.

Carl3570
Explorer

I have the exact same issue and have put up with it for over a year. However now I have a new issue in addition, the HDMI signal will dissappear as soon as I play a 4k blue ray. It will do it randomly and I have to knock everything off at the wall socket. I know it's not the TV either as the PS4 will work fine and I have swaped hdmi cables 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I found this issue addressed in the latest software version here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/home-video-blu-ray-disc-players-recorders/ubp-x800/downlo....