Join now - be part of our community!

UBP-X800 - Netflix flicks in and out of black screen when going through programme selection

profile.country.GB.title
eggle_p
Explorer

UBP-X800 - Netflix flicks in and out of black screen when going through programme selection

Please help re Netflix app on UBP-X800

I have the following setup:

XE9005 55" - HDMI 3 ARC set to enhanced mode

HT-ZF9

UBP-X800 - Connected to HDMI2 (Standard Setting) on the HT-ZF9

Sky Q 2TB - Connected to HDMI1 (Standard Setting) on HT-ZF9

Peerless AV Slimline 2M HDMI High Speed Interconnects - Supports UltraHD (4K) resolutions up to 60fps and complies with the latest HDMI standards supporting a minimum of 18Gbps data speeds

When trailers play on the Netflix app on UBP-X800, the screen goes black first before going back to Netflix to play the trailer. This interuption of black screen continues when flicking through Netflix programmes available.

In comparison, the Netflix app on the XE9005 55" works seamless with no interruptions

I have tried every setting available on all three Sony products listed to no avail.

I did change to enhanced settings on the HT-ZF9 (UBP-X800 on HDMI2) which resulted in no device connected on HDMI2.

I was hoping that ther intergration of Sony products would result in a seamless set up and hassle free experience - can anyone help provide a solution?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @eggle_p,

Is there a specific reason why you are keen on watching Netflix on the X800 if the XE90 does it seamlessly?

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Jonrud51
New

Hi had the same problem the only way to stop it is to turn off 24p in settings for network media 

Because he wants to make it work right, that’s why. Why question his motives? 

Anyway, to make it work, go to 24p settings and turn off 24p in Network Content. The problem will go away.

This is the right solution. To make it work, go to 24p settings and turn off 24p in Network Content. The problem will go away.

profile.country.GB.title
chjohns1481
Explorer

Any other solutions, I have the same problem, it seems to only happen on the UHD 4k previews. 24p trick doesn't work for me. I am on latest firmware!