Join now - be part of our community!

Front Camera not available

Naz7
Visitor

Front Camera not available

Hi my icon to switch to front camera has just disappeared. When i try to switch by sliding on screen it says "unfortunately camera has stopped working." I have restarted,factory reset, safe mode, tried testing it in support it just says camera unavailable. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to perform software repair using Xperia Companion , and dont install any apps till you check that the camera is working fine

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Naz7, let me see if I can help out here! 

Have you been able to carry out a quick test of the front camera in the support app to see if the hardware works as intended? Find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia tests > Front camera.

As @nolramlb mentioned, It is a good idea to try a software repair to see if the behaviour you are experiencing is related to the software. Keep in mind though that the repair will erase all user data from the phone, so it is advised to do a backup before the repair to avoid data loss.

If the software repair do not manage to improve the functionality of the front camera, I believe that the best thing to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well.

Let us know how it goes!