Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV randomly turns on and off

profile.country.GB.title
dcopping
Explorer

Bravia TV randomly turns on and off

Hi, I am tearing my hair out! For weeks I have been emailing Sony support about a problem with my Bravia TV which randomly turns itself off and on. As suggested by them I have carried out numerous factory resets (ensuring all external devices are disconnected), updated the operating software, tried disabling interactive tv, unplugged from power for over ten minutes and probably other things which I have forgotten. Nothing works. The main device connected to the TV is the Sky box but I also have a Chromecast, a PS3 and a blu ray player. The PS3 and the blu ray are connected via a switch on the HDMI lead as there are only three HDMI connectors. Sony have said that they have arranged for a local repair service to contact me but due to the pandemic they don't know if or when this will happen. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how was it solved if it was solved? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully you hear from the local repair service soon.

Keep us updated.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
dcopping
Explorer

Hi, actually tv randomly turns itself off and on, not on and off. TV due to be collected 25 June and estimated repair to take 10 days as they can't repair in the home due to the current pandemic.