Join now - be part of our community!

Info Banner on Linux TVs

profile.country.GB.title
theaccent
Explorer

Info Banner on Linux TVs

Hi Sony,

There have been numerous posts now on the issue with the Infor Banner automatically popping up and not being able to disable it with the non-Android TVs (XE range) that use Linux as the OS.

The main cause of the issue appears to be everytime there is an audio change in the HDMI signal, this is specifically  impacting those users who have devices connected via HDMI such as TV/Media Boxes, Consoles, Computers etc.

The info banner feature can't be turned off in the Linux OS.  Considering the number of forums I've seen this issue on, can we get a firmware update to resolve this issue?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
DazBuck
New

Been digging through these forums for years on a fix for this. I've just downloaded and installed firmware update v8.882 to my Bravia KD-55XFF7003 and it's a well received one. Update to the Home screen and an option under Home -> System Settings -> Setup -> Info Banner (On/Off option available).

On PS4 and Apple TV, the banners have vanished when using things like Netflix, or when the audio source changes.

Nothing when pausing/unpausing, not when going through an episode of something starting - well happy! 

I also had an issue where the screen used to 'judder' every now and then. TV has only been updated an hour or so, but I've not noticed it once.