Join now - be part of our community!

Intermittent picture loss on BBC HD - 40HX723

profile.country.en_GB.title
Livermpj
Visitor

Intermittent picture loss on BBC HD - 40HX723

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a new 40HX723, and it's generally very good - but some BBC HD programmes are virtually un-watchable, as the screen often goes blank for about a second between scenes!

I've done a bit of reading and discovered this is a known issue with BBC HD broadcasts - I've also discovered the iManual recommends setting the TV to "optimise for text/graphics" instead of "optimise for video".

However, when "optimise for text/grtaphics" is selected, the picture resolution as not so good as the "optimise for video" setting - although it does seem to cure the picture loss problem.

Does anybody know what the "optimnise for text/graphics" setting actually does?

Presumably it modifies the video processing in some way, defaulting the output to a lower quality format (OK for text, but not great for pictures)?

Is there a proper fix for this issue in the pipeline (e.g. TV firmware update)?

Many thanks,

Pete.

15 REPLIES 15
Gruntfuttocks
Visitor

Agreed, not fixed yet.:smileyangry:

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Hi can anyone advise if this problem has been fixed yet?

Catmambo
Contributor

Yup - just download the latest firmware either directly on your TV or via USB.

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnymack
Explorer

I'm getting this issue on all HD channels on my new 55 hx853

If anything i think the latest firmware has caused it

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnymack
Explorer

Factory reset has done nothing for my picture :angry:

Back to Cust Services!

John_Daniels
Visitor

I've just started getting the same blanking issue on all HD channels on my 55HX853, but only since the August 30th firmware update. I did set the 'optimise for video' at that time so will revert back to optimise for text/graphics to see if that helps. Otherwise it's incredibly annoying and happens several times in succession then not for a minute or two, dependent on the programme.