Join now - be part of our community!

KD43WF7073 unable to stream movies from Mac Computer

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

KD43WF7073 unable to stream movies from Mac Computer

New TV six weeks old, connected to Mac computer via Ethernet cable, network connected, both see each other.

From TV I can navigate through the computers folders to where movies/ TV fles are stored but on the Sony TV screen the files all show up with file broken symbol, and will not play. I can add here that on my older Sony TV which is six years old there are no such issues, so please don't tell me that is a network, connection or Mac issue. If it is any help the TV can play from USBs.

When the TV first arrived it could do this, but albeit relunctantly, but now will not play movies or TV but can play music and show images from the computer.

Any help will on this would be great.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@daveyh64 you are not writing all the info in your post... your tv by no means is able to access your computer file if not shared by a DLNA server that is not native in MacOS, so what DLNA server are you using?

In you confirm this, you should also be aware that your tv has some limitation on the container/code it can manage via DLNA as stated in your TV help guide https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/fceil2/v1/en/060nhm-05-02.html

Specifically it cannot handle MKV via DLNA if this is the case....

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Yes it is on the latest.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

I think that as I pointed out that as I can stream movies/ TV to my older Sony TV that you might have guessed I knew how to set up my new Sony TV to do the same. So just to confirm TV connected to my Mac via ethernet cable,

using Universal Media Server as the renderer. When I first got the TV it did play the movies, but recently it reports that it can't find the files, which are clearly there and work on my other TV. If and when it decides the files are there the playback is not smooth and stops and starts.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are just confirming what I wrote: You are using a dlna server. Check the specification of the supported container /codec and report which kind of video you cannot play. Hoping we are not talking about illegal material since it is against the community rules.
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Hello

I don't think you are listening to me, I have already stated that I can stream movies etc to my other Sony TV, with my new Sony TV I am having problems streaming movies to it. Therefore you should conclude that the problem is not with the mac, the network, or the type of video that is being streamed. Both TVs are connected via ethernet cable, using Universal Media Server as the renderer, both televisions will play and show music and images but when it comes to videos the new television sometimes reports it cant find the files although it will navigate to its enclosing folders, and sometimes it will see the files and play the videos but they are jerky and stall. So that would point to a problem with the new TV, don't you think, and for your information the videos are mpeg4, OK.

And for you to infer that I might be using illegal material is an insult and I will be taking this up with the moderators, frankly why you have been given expert status baffles me, as you have shown you are incapable of reading posts and execising some sort of intelligence.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are not seeking for help you are just making assertion. Didn't provide any information on your setup only just answering angry as one should now what you are trying to do. Just some example to let you try to understand what I mean than I'm done with this:
Didn't tell us which dlna server you were using until asked
Didn't tell us what kind of codec you have problem with until asked
Still didn't tell us which kind of container
Still didn't tell us which older TV model work correctly for you
And I did not infer you are using illegal material just warned you about rules. If you are using ripped movies from owned disks you are perfectly in line with the laws.
Good luck