Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W705c 'insufficent bandwidth'

profile.country.GB.title
Andy181
Explorer

KDL-32W705c 'insufficent bandwidth'

Our Bravia KDL-32W705c often gives a message 'insufficient bandwidth' when trying to stream a film from Amazon Prime. The TV connects via Wi-fi. ALL other services (Netflix, BBC etc) work OK without problems, so it can't be a wi-fi problem. We have found the only way to make it come back to life is by disconnecting the set from the power supply and then re-connecting. The streaming then works perfectly.  Re-starting the router has no effect. 

Our XBOX can connect and stream Amazon video without problems, so it looks like a Sony TV glitch. Software is 3004, up to date.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Andy

Does the power cycling have to be done each time you switch on? It may be a router issue. Let me check this out and see if there is a solution. 

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Andy181
Explorer

No. It only does it every now and then, and only on Amazon Prime streaming. All other services work fine.  Amazon prime also works fine via our XBox. It's just the TV, but not every time.

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello Andy181,

That's interesting! I understand you can stream from Amazon prime perfectly on other devices. But since this error is related to the network bandwidth, I'd say try connecting the TV to a different network just to test.

Let us know if this makes any difference,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Andy181
Explorer

Another network? Sorry, we have only one as far as I know.

And there's more - the old BBC iPlayer 'memory limit' message is back. Some programmes play, others close the app with the 'memory' message. And I've been looking around these forums and it seems both the Amazon and iPlayer problems are quite common. Is there something we should know?

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello there,

Sorry, just to clarify, a different network could be established using only your smartphone (I.e Personal Hotspot network), but if that's not possible, then I'd suggest that you try refreshing the internet content on the TV from the Network settings and test if the same problem with Amazon remains.

As for iPlayer, I've found the following statement by BBC. They're looking into this already and will update the same thread here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/sony_download_failed

Vanilla_