Join now - be part of our community!

picasa wont accept password

profile.country.en_GB.title
nonowtatall
Visitor

picasa wont accept password

how can i get picasa to accept my password it keeps telling me not valid i have tried all sorts of things even doing a factory restore google say it is sony s problem the thing is i had it working before but i signed out by mistake and it wont accept the password etc

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.fr_CH.title
hb9any
New

I can login to my Picasa account from the TV OK, but my wife can't login to hers. My wife's gmail address is a few characters longer than mine. Is it possible that the TV is truncating long addresses?

Bruce

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, don't think it does. Passwords are case sensitive, so check that and maybe try changing it to something super simple as a test..

Thanks

hb9any
New

Thanks, Catmambo. Yes, the password case is correct. It's not possible to try a super simple password because Google does not accept passwords that have less than 8 characters, or that it considers insufficiently secure. (e.g., 11111111 is not allowed)

My wife tried reducing her password length from 10 to 8 characters, but still gets "The login failed, please check your entries" on the TV. Access from a computer works fine with the same email address and password.

It is possible to display her photo albums on the Bravia by entering their long URL in the TV internet browser, but this is very clumsy.

My wife's gmail address has 14 characters before the "@gmail.com". My address has only 12 characters.

Is it possible that her address is being truncated by the TV? Or do you see any other cause of the problem?

Bruce

hb9any
New

My wife opened a new Google account with a much shorter gmail address (only 7 characters before the "@gmail.com"), and she can login to the corresponding new Picasa album on the Bravia TV OK.

But now there's a new problem! All the thumbnails of the photos in the album show fine on the Bravia screen. But when you click on them, some are displayed correctly while some others give "Content error: Retry/Cancel". Retrying doesn't help.

All the photos in the Picasa album look fine on a computer, and all the photos are jpgs of about the same size. What's up?

Thanks, Bruce