Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 4k TV problems after software updates.

GWA1873
New

Sony 4k TV problems after software updates.

Since the last software update (end of October 2015)  my KD65X9005BBU 4K TV switches itself off and on intermittently when watching it. It's becoming a pain and happening more frequently. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try resetting the TV back to factory default settings.  This can cure many issues or 'gremlins' especially after a firmware update.

Cheers

Anirudha
New

That's just ridiculous.. Why do I need to reset the TV after every update?? Is SONY not looking into this?

I dont need to reset my android or apple phone after every update!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@Anirudha

Hi,

Just to be clear the reset function is available as a last attempt to rectify any issues brought about by corrupted files or such that may have been damaged during updates. There are other reasons for the reset of course. As GWA1873 is unfortunately experiencing an issue after an update Quinnicus has recommended the best solution. You do not have to reset your TV following every update, only if you have incurable issues that you know began after the update. Apple (and I have no doubt Android) have reset functions available on their products for the very same reasons.

You would have to be unlucky (as GWA1873) for this to happen, I have updated Sony equipment from televisions to Blu-ray players to Home Theatre systems and have never had to perform a reset. Please do not be put off by this experience.

Hope this helps ?

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GB.title
Kedwin
Explorer

Hi my Sony Bravia 4K has been reset about 10 times since I purchased it in January 2017, thought Sony was the best to you can buy ! Utter tosh! Worst tv in the world, would never buy one again, as sometimes you can't use the buttons to change channel, sometimes the TV guide doesn't load, turns itself on after you turn it off !  To guide is always an hour slow ! Can't change it ? Press any button and then wait for at least 30 seconds before anything happens ?

Factory reset and it's ok for a week, then starts to play up again, goes very slow. When you turn on to forget about operating remote for the first 4 minutes.

samsung TVs beat these hands down.

good picture though.

if anyone has any solutions please let me know ?

Couldn’t agree more. I have 2 Sony Bravia 4K TVs for my house. Both have the problems you describe. Thoroughly disappointing for a brand that has such a reputation. I’ll be swapping these out and leaving Sony for good.

profile.country.GB.title
Aleagersa1
New

Hi yes I have a problem after updating my sony tv 4k if driving me crazy every time I have to change to something else it just doesn’t not work I have to take off the plug and  turn it back on I will never buy Sony again is not cheap and I thought I was buying the best is  disappointment  From Sony people should think twice when buying sony

profile.country.GB.title
Acpoppy70
Explorer

I have a 4k ultra HD TV and have updated software twice since I bought it. However, since the third update last Friday I am constantly getting a message flashing across the top corner of the screen saying "internet not connected". I have contacted my server who checked that all was okay with them but they are sending me a new modem to be sure. It would normally cost me £109.99 but they are not charging me. I have reset the tv to factory settings and have reported this to the retailer. If this problem is not resolved I will demand a new TV (not Sony). This is my second Sony TV but it has been a pain since the day we installed it with different problems. Way too expensive to be ignored. Plus, it has a five year guarantee on it and it's only coming up to its first year. 

profile.country.GB.title
Briantic.1888
Explorer

The problem with my sony 4k TV is that it doesn't update the software even though I have it set to automatically update, and I have also tried to manually update, I have tried most things to sort this problem, I was on the phone for an hour to an Asian lady at Sony helpline, but the only thing she can do is post me over a USB flash drive that I will have to use on the tv, problem is it will take possibly two weeks to arrive, because of the corona virus, my wife and I are pensioners and are confined to our house without a TV, I tried to speak to someone at currys but can't get through, I cannot believe sony are treating people this way.