Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
JMel41
New

Sony Bravia

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia TV and linked my Sky cable to HDMI/ARC input.  When I switch on the TV shows the Antenna signal (which I do not have).  Is there a way to make the HDMI input the default channel on switching on?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you give me some more details on the model of your TV?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
sappertam
New

every time i switch on my tv its not going to ditital  will this have to be rejune 

kimpo27
New

Hi there,

I am wondering if you can help me.  I have purchased the new Sony Bravia TV 43XF7073.  I want to know how I am able to record programmes on this TV? I have tried with a basic USB stick and formatted in all ways, but its not accepting it.

Also, can you connect a DVD player to this TV? I am sorry.  I am not very savvy when it comes to technology..

Claire

profile.country.GB.title
JMel41
New

Hi

As far as I know you cannot record on the Bravia.  I get my pictures through a Sky box and it does the recording for me.  There are many different connections on the Bravia.  Most modern DVD players have a USB connection as well as an older Scart input.  Get the appropriate cable.  You will be able to select the input from the DVD player by pressing the input button (On my Bravia it's at the top left of the changer).  That will allow you to play DVDs.  Recording with an external DVD player is more complex.  I can do it by connecting the DVD player BETWEEN the Sky box and the TV.  With a normal antenna input you would need to put the antenna cable into the DVD player then connect the DVD to the TV, but how you would monitor the recording I don't know as I haven't tried that type of connection.

Hope this has helped a little.

Joe

Sony KDZF7003BU