Join now - be part of our community!

Black screen with green dots.

profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Black screen with green dots.

Since buying this laptop i have encountered countless problems. But recently the two worst are the fact that the hinge snapped then followed by my laptop not loading.

After having it on hibernate, i turned it back on for the laptop to freeze on a black screen. After powering off then back on, the laptop came up with random lines of colours then after the loading screen it just freezes on a black screen with green dots.

I have tried system restore to last week and nothing, and have also done a vaio hardware diagnostics test with no errors detected. The only options i get is to go to start computer normally or go to diagnostics, no safe mode or other options.

Any help? Thanks, Mark.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I've noticed you have two threads on the same subject...:smileyconfused:

Here is a reply that I posted in your other thread...

You could try contacting one of Sony's authorised repaires as recenty another Vaio owner provided feedback on some excellent service -

I  have since been in touch with Laptop Hut of Hove in Sussex (one of  the  authorised repairers listed) , who came back with a remarkably  helpful  and honest appraisal:

This   is something we can help with and it sounds like the NVIDIA graphics   chipset has gone. Without seeing it we can't be 100%, but if it is the   graphics chip there is two ways of resolving the issue.

The   first is an expensive route with a 100% success rate, which is to   replace the system board which has the card attached. These are  normally  in the region of £500-£600...

The   second option is to attempt a repair on the system board with  something  called a reflow of the graphics chip. This has about an 80%  success  rate and would cost £195.00. If this didn't work all you would  pay is  £29.95 to cover the engineers time.

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your model from the drop down list.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab

profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Yes sorry about that.

I think i will just leave it as i don't really want to pay for it to happen again. Think it's time for a new laptop from somewhere else, until sony are prepared to fix this problem across the whole range that is affected.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I think i will just leave it as i don't really want to pay for it to  happen again. Think it's time for a new laptop from somewhere else,  until sony are prepared to fix this problem across the whole range that  is affected.

Thanks for your help

You're welcome, just sorry we can't help you resolve your graphics problem..:smileysad: