Join now - be part of our community!

Blu Ray Drivers?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sydelie53
Visitor

Blu Ray Drivers?

I have a VPCF11S1E. I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate and installed this on my Vaio (replacing the Windows 7 Home Premium it ships with).

Now I can't play Blu Ray movies. Where can I download Blu Ray drivers from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you do a full installation or did you use an upgrade disc?

If you have installed a full retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate, you will have lost all the preinstalled Sony software, drivers and utilities.  You will have lost the Blu-Ray player, WinDVD BD for Vaio, and this cannot be downloaded or reinstalled without reinstating the original Sony Windows 7 HP.  If this is the case you will need to purchase a new Blu-Ray player like Corel WinDVD Plus or PowerDVD 10.

If you have done a full install I would expect other things to not be working!!!

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you do a full installation or did you use an upgrade disc?

If you have installed a full retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate, you will have lost all the preinstalled Sony software, drivers and utilities.  You will have lost the Blu-Ray player, WinDVD BD for Vaio, and this cannot be downloaded or reinstalled without reinstating the original Sony Windows 7 HP.  If this is the case you will need to purchase a new Blu-Ray player like Corel WinDVD Plus or PowerDVD 10.

If you have done a full install I would expect other things to not be working!!!

:thinking: