Join now - be part of our community!

I need recovery discs for my sony vaio VPCEB3J1E/BQ

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mhabiela
Visitor

I need recovery discs for my sony vaio VPCEB3J1E/BQ

I bought sony vaio model VPCEB3J1E/BQ unfortunately I have experienced difficulties with strating it so I have given it to an expert and he formatted it so I lost sony software and unfortunately I did not prepare recovery discs so I need on, any one can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Recovery Discs are model specific so you should contact Vaio Support and ask for a replacement set of discs.  As  you did not make  your own recovery discs when prompted by Vaio Care, Sony will charge you for these replacements.

Perhaps your 'Expert' will pay the fee as he has not done you any favours!!

:wink:

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Recovery Discs are model specific so you should contact Vaio Support and ask for a replacement set of discs.  As  you did not make  your own recovery discs when prompted by Vaio Care, Sony will charge you for these replacements.

Perhaps your 'Expert' will pay the fee as he has not done you any favours!!

mhabiela
Visitor

Thank you Blencogo/ I am afraid he wont pay.

mhabiela
Visitor

Hi Mathew,

Thank you fro your assistance. Definitely I'll do, but could you tell more about this software, and from where I can download it (Sony website or other).

Thank you again

mathewlisett
Visitor

Well if you paid him, he even if is not self employeed or a business, has a responbility to do what he has been either asked or has stated he could do.

if he created a much bigger issue and left you in the lurch even if you didnt pay him, you will likely find if you took him to the small claims, the judge will see in your favour becuase he made the situaiton worse.

there are software out there that can locate and save the system drivers and then restore them when a fresh format has been done. and you also have the luxury of going here and downloading the drivers.

if you still have issues, give me a shout and ill see what we can do

Message was edited by: -Cass-

mathewlisett
Visitor

Personally i woudl use driver magician. its a few pennies but worth it.

mhabiela
Visitor

Many thanks, Mathew. Really, it is very useful software. I will try to use it.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mhabiela,

Just a warning that if you do not use the Sony Recovery discs, you will lose ALL the preinstalled software and most of this cannot be downloaded.

This may not be important to you but you should be aware that you cannot download and replace everything on your Vaio.  You can download most of the drivers here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEB3J1E_WI

This is, of course, your choice.

:thinking:

mhabiela
Visitor

Hi Blenco,

Thanks for your comments. It is confusing now. My Vaio has been formatted, this means the drivers are still there? Could you tell me what other drivers are not available online and whether they are essential or not?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If the hard drive has been formatted, you have lost all the drivers and Driver Magician is not much use.

Just try one thing before doing anything else.  Your Expert may have only formatted the C:\ Drive - not the whole disc - and in this case the Recovery software may still be on your hard disc in a hidden partition.

Turn your Vaio on and when you see the first Vaio Logo screen, tap F10 repeatedly.  Does the Vaio Care screen appear?  If yes, attach mains power, choose Recovery, and start the Recovery Wizard.  Click on SKIP RESCUE on the next page  and check the box 'Yes I'm Sure' when warned that all data will be lost and click on Start Recovery.  This will recover your Vaio back to factory defaults and will take several hours - so do not interrupt the process even if it appears to have stopped.

If the Vaio Care screen does not appear, the best course of action is to purchase a set of recovery discs from Sony Support.

Alternatively, if you feel competent to do this, you can install your own version of Windows 7 and install ALL the drivers in the link in my last post.  This will not replace the Sony Software but the basics should work.  It is quite a large task to install all the drivers.