Join now - be part of our community!

LAN switch no longer working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
katDewsnap
Visitor

LAN switch no longer working

When I try to enable LAN to connect to wireless internet the switch no longer works, the light doesn't come on and when I try to go through smart center it says I must enable the LAN to switch it on.

One minute it was working fine and then I switched it off/on to try connect to a new wifi connection the light no longer came on?

Can anyone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you go to Device Manager -> Network Adapters does it say your Wireless Adapter is working properly?

You could try reinstalling the WiFi driver which may help but it does sound to me like the physical wireless switch may have developed a fault and need a repair.

Which model Vaio do you have?  A short term solution may be to buy a cheap ExpressCard or PCMCIA wireless card.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you go to Device Manager -> Network Adapters does it say your Wireless Adapter is working properly?

You could try reinstalling the WiFi driver which may help but it does sound to me like the physical wireless switch may have developed a fault and need a repair.

Which model Vaio do you have?  A short term solution may be to buy a cheap ExpressCard or PCMCIA wireless card.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
katDewsnap
Visitor

Thank You so much!!!!!! It turns out that it was just switched off but I didn't know where to find it to check so thank you for heading me towards the device manager :smileygrin: so so so happy Thank you 

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good News.

I'm glad you've sorted it!!!

:slight_smile: