Join now - be part of our community!

Network drivers needed

profile.country.en_GB.title
eugenegg
Visitor

Network drivers needed

I have a Sony VAIO VGC-LM1E aka PCG-282M for which I have had to replace the hard disk drive.  I have been able to reinstall Vista and most of the device drivers by downloading from

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGC-LM1E

But no joy with wired or wireless network connections.

Looking in device manager (see attachment) I see that the

• 3Com Gigabit Adapter says cannot load drivers (code 31),
  • Mass storage Controller [Texas Instruments Integrated Flash Media Controller] complains that drivers are not installed (code 28) and
  • the Unknown Device [hardware ID SNY5001] has a Code 28 fault too.

Network and Sharing center shows that my network is detected for a second periodically but the connection is immediately lost.  I'm assuming this is the driverless wireless card rather than the Ethernet cable causing it.

Ideas welcomed.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Some of the downloadable drivers do not have a Setup.exe and have to be installed from within Device Manager using the 'Have Disc' method - try Google.

The Mass Storage Controller is the Memory Card Slot and you need to install the Texas Instruments Memory Card Reader/Writer driver from within Device Manager by choosing 'Update Driver' and pointing the installer manually to the folder with the .INF file.

SNY5001 is the SFEP driver (or Sony Notebook Control Driver) and this also needs to be installed from Device Manager.

:wink: