Join now - be part of our community!

Playing Blue Ray DVD via HDMI on TV.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

Playing Blue Ray DVD via HDMI on TV.

I have VGN-AW21Z/B notebook. Used to be able to play Blue Ray on comnputer and view on TV via HDMI. This is no longer possible. I can play "ordinary" DVD this is fine but it will no longer play Blue Ray. The driver siftware for the Optical Disk is Microsoft dated 2006, I've tried to update and am told this is the most upto date version???? The drivers on the VAIO site do not appear to match. Should I uninstall Microsoft driver and replace with driver from VAIO site? Is this possible?

Any help gratefully received

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi 73200630 and welcome.

Can you tell us a bit more?

Are you still using the original Vista Operting System?

What software are you using to play the BD Discs?  WinDVD BD is required.

Is WinDVD BD fully updated to Version 8.8.0.282?

What error messages do you get?

Thanks.

:thinking:

Visitor

Answers to your questions.

1 Yes I am using original Vista Home Premium as supplied plus all updates provided by Microsoft.

2 Yes I am using Corel WINDVD BD and this was updated about a week or so ago.

3 I have no error messages andI do have sound via TV but no picture in Blue Ray.

Many thanks for your interest I am completely at a loss.

Visitor

I don't know whether my reply to your questions got through. I am not familiar with using these forums. It may be that you received my reply and since I replied positively to the question re updates that there is nothing further that can be usefully suggested.

Anyway in reply

1 I am using original windows vista home premium as supplied with machine [plus updates as provided by microsoft]

2 WINDVD. BD is updated to the latet version

3 I have no error messages at all

Does this all suggest the error may be with TV?

If there is nothing you can usefully say then I will take no anser as being indicative of this.