Join now - be part of our community!

SonicStage Mastering Studio - PxEngine error

raun
Visitor

SonicStage Mastering Studio - PxEngine error

Dear all, I've the VGN-AR61ZU.IT1 and now, if I try to open SonicStage Mastering Studio, I obtain the error regarding the PxEngine drivers. The software asks for a more recent version of these drivers and I can see only a red button to close it.

Vaio Update can't find anithing.

I've already tried the update for Roxio:
http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/000070GN&PARAMS=

but it does not fix anything for SonicStage.
So, where can I find updated PxEngine driver for my laptop or how to solve this issue?!

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
eGAP
Visitor

I have EXACTLY the same problem! Sony VAIO should come with a better solution than suggesting that I must do a System Factory Restore, please. I have uninstalled and re-installed SonicStage Mastering Studio with the Restore option, as well as Roxio, but it didn't work! WHY?? Please help us with a better PxEngine solution. I want to use this software... :smileyd_oh:

Jitov
Visitor

I've got exactly the same error when trying to launch SonicStage Mastering Studio, after upgrading to Windows 7 on my VGN-FW41E. Please help!

spapaioa
Visitor

Hello,

got stuck with the same problem / error msg.

Anyone found a solution yet ?

Any hint appreciated

Sokrates

profile.country.en_GB.title
havasupi
Visitor

Ok. I was as frustrated as most of you who got  PxEngine error.  I had upgraded to Windows 7 after which I got the error.  I must have tried half a dozen things to fix the errror.

Finally what worked for me was this patch:

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/316073/product/vgn-cr353/sectionfirst?subpage=detail

Please see if it works for you.

Best of luck.

Alicia.K.
Visitor

Thank you. I am so happy you have posted this link. Sony seriously needs to provide more information with problems like this. Now I just have to get past my territory restriction on the dvd player!

Thanks again!

42BASSMAN
Visitor

HI thanks for that link is dosent work unfortunately with XP , do perhaps know of another link thats for XP

Many thanks

Tom