Join now - be part of our community!

SONY DO NOT OFFER WARRANTY ON MANUFACTURER DEFECT

profile.country.en_GB.title
gumulla
Visitor

SONY DO NOT OFFER WARRANTY ON MANUFACTURER DEFECT

Hi Guys

I have the new Sony F Series

When i purchashed the laptop the hinge on the left was misaligned from the one on the right, i took nothing seriously of it untill 4 months later when the hinge started creeking due to the misalignment

the hinge is still tight and secure but it is still a manufacturing defect

i sent it in for repair and was told that is a factory fit, they manufacture it misaligned

So i took a trip to the sony centre, to selfridges and pc world and boy i spotted they were all aligned

so i told sony while they had my laptop

and they said they cant do anything cos its manufacturer spec the hinge is perfect

When clearly it isn't cos it is a manufacturing defect, but they just wont listen and they sent the laptop back to me unrepaired

DO NOT BUY SONY THEY DONT WANNA REPAIR ANYTHING, THEIR SERVICE IS BY FAR THE WORST

i have been buying vaios for 7 years but never again.

Please read online to other people being told its physical damage or wear and tear when it clearly isn't

i am disgusted to be fobbed off,

EVEN A BLIND PERSON COULD FEEL THE MISALIGNMENT AND SEE ALL OTHERS WERE ALIGNED

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gumulla,

welcome to the Club VAIO Questions & Answers Forum..:smileyhappy:

Could you send me a private message with your vaio's serial number and the case number please. You can find the link for private messages towards the top right of this page..

I'll then forward this on to our contact at Sony, I can't promise anything though..