Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VPCYB3V1E keyboard pointer problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
mharrison67
Visitor

VAIO VPCYB3V1E keyboard pointer problem

My Sony VAIO VPCYB3V1E has been upgraded to Windows 8. After refreshing the keyboard pointer moves on its own. Unable to install drivers on windows 8.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mharrison67 and welcome.

How did you upgrade to Windows 8?

Sony support an upgrade for your model as long as you use the Windows 8 Upgrade Kit which is available for download and automatically installs the correct drivers.

Did you use the Upgrade Kit and follow Sony's upgrade instructions?

:thinking:

mharrison67
Visitor

No I did not use the upgrade kit. It seemed fine at first but I gradually lost some files so I decided to refresh which removed everything except windows 8 and a few documents. It was then I noticed when typing that the cursor moved erratically back a few steps and resumed typing.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

"Refresh Windows" is the most dangerous new feature. There should be warnings not to use this unless you are prepared to lose all programs, data, software and drivers. It should not be used on Vaios except as a last resort.

The 'Refresh' has removed the Touchpad driver and all the other Vaio software, drivers and utilities. Some of these cannot be reinstalled as they are not available for download.

You can try installing the Windows 8 Synaptics Pointing Driver from the support website for your model. Try those in the "Recent Downloads" -> "Windows 8' tab.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCYB3V1E_S/updates

Alternatively, if you want everything to work, you can consider recovering your Vaio to factory settings with Windows 7 and then install Windows 8 following Sony's instructions.

:thinking:

mharrison67
Visitor

Many thanks. I have already tried downloading the synaptics pointing device but windows prevents me installing it. I would like to try reverting to windows 7 and factory settings but am unsure how to do it.