Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-SZ3XWP/C VAIO CENTRE CAN'T LAUNCH S BUTTONS

profile.country.en_GB.title
micbenne7
Visitor

VGN-SZ3XWP/C VAIO CENTRE CAN'T LAUNCH S BUTTONS

Hello, could anyone please help me fix a problem in the VAIO Control Centre. I have recently installed a clean version of windows and I have successfully installed all the drivers. The FN keys all work, but when I installed the VAIO Control Centre, some of the features won’t work.

When I try to select: Bass Boost, S Buttons, Touch Panel, Monitor Off Button Setting and the Printer Port; a message with a red cross appears that says "You can't launch". I have look on Google and tried to install everything again, but I can't figure it out.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Michael,

Which version of Windows have you installed? Which set of Drivers/Utilities have you used?

These functions in Vaio ontrol Center are usually controlled by Sony Shared Library and Sony Notebook Utilities or the SFEP Driver - try reinstalling these?

You may find the order of installation is important also - the software may need to be installed after Vaio Control Center.

However, there is software included in the original Sony Installation that is not available for download and it is possible you may not be able to regain some of these features with a clean install.

profile.country.en_GB.title
micbenne7
Visitor

Hey there Blencogo,

Thanks for replying so quickly! I have installed Windows XP with SP3 Integrated.

Here's the order I installed the drivers (I followed a step-by-step guide):

SonyPI - Sony Programmable I/O Device

SonyNC - Sony Notebook Control Device

Sony Shared Library setup, Sony Video Shared Library setup

Video 2 (Geforce 7400) - VGA Compatible Device

UAA High Definition Audio Class Setup

Audio Setup

Network - Ethernet Controller Device

Modem - Modem High Definition Device

Camera Setup

VGP-VCC2 (Camera) - USB Device

Wireless Lan Setup

Bluetooth Setup + ddsetup (in same folder)

Fingerprint - Biometric Device

Protector Suite QL Setup

Pointing - PS/2 Compatible Mouse Device

TMP Infineon - Unknown Device

HDD Protection Setup

Battery Checker Setup

Sony Utility Series Setup

Sony Utils DLL Setup

Sony Wireless Switcher Setup

Sony Power Management Setup

Sony Event Service Setup

Sony Control Centre Setup (this is where the problem began)

VAIO Update 3.4.5 Setup (it did this gradually while I connected through the net)

Shared Video Library Update Setup

All the one's ending in Device are the ones I installed manually in System/Device manager

All the one's ending in Setup are the ones from the Utils folder

What a lot of fuss. I hope I won't have to do all this again. Everything else is working fine, but I want the S Buttons and co to function properly.

I will try to uninstall the software and reinstall starting with the VAIO Control Centre. I did a fresh clean with Win XP (no service pack until XP installed) many years ago with no problems. I just can't remember how I did it.

What is the SFEP driver please? Are the Sony Notebook Utilities the entire collection of VAIO features in the folder name Utils?

Thanks you for your help!

Michael

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Michael,

Sony Notebook Utilities is the collection in the Utilities folder.

SFEP is the SonyNC driver but for Vista - so you don't need that.

You seem to have installed everything - all I can suggest is to reinstall the Sony Utilities again after Vaio Control Center in this order: -

1.  Sony Utils DLL

2.  Sony Shared Library

3.  Setting Utility Series

4.  Vaio Event Service

5.  Vaio Power Management

Sorry I can't give you an easy fix.  Good Luck

:thinking: