Join now - be part of our community!

why does my Vaio VPCF12S1E turn itself off randomly ? , it always starts straight away when i turn it on

profile.country.en_GB.title
TWYNFYSH
Visitor

why does my Vaio VPCF12S1E turn itself off randomly ? , it always starts straight away when i turn it on

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi TWYNFYSH,

Not easy to answer as it could be many things.

If you can give some further information it may help.

Do you get any screen warnings?

What are you doing when it turns off?  Games, Playing DVDs?

Does the Vaio feel hot when this happens?

Are there any errors shown in Event Viewer?

Is your Vaio still in Warranty?

How often does it happen?

If there are no screen warnings or entries in Event Viewer, it is likely to be a hardware problem like overheating or a poor connection and you may need to contact Vaio Support to discuss a way forward.  Alternatively, Sony has Service Partners around the country and you can speak to them if your Warranty has expired.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kc0b4in
Visitor

Hey,

I hav the same problem here.

There is no error, screen warnings, blue screen... nothing...

I have noticed about this problem and i found alot of people with the same problem. i think thats a Vaio® big problem!

His aways turn itself off when im playing games or working (im graphic designer).

In first time i think this problem is happening because of overheating, but sometimes he turn itself off in low temperatures.

I think this problem is happening because of the video driver or 330uf capacitors on the vcore line... i found in my searchings some posts about this and i found one telling that is because of the network drivers and energy, i tried turn off my network drivers and he turn itself off again. so i tried without the battery and same problem...

I dont know what to do and i dont think my vaio still in varranty. Sorry for my bad english.

Im waiting for an answer, plz, i really need fix this.