Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 headband creaking

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
FredSass
New

WH-1000XM3 headband creaking

Hi. I have had my Sony WH-1000XM3 for a couple months. I haven't used them much until recently, while on public transport. The audio sound is brilliant. However, I have started noticing the headband is creaking whenever I move my head/jaw. It is a plastic against plastic sound. It is unbearable especially as they are top of the line expensive headphones. It is only the right side. Is there any way to fix this please? Thank you

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

there is no cosmetic damage to send a photo to the repair center, the problem is the creaking noise so they need to test it and perhaps open the ear cup and check internally if there is something broken

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Supersonic,

I don't think you will be charged if there is no physical damage visible in the unit.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

thanks but i was told by other users that this is really subjective and sony can always find an excuse not to cover the costs... we shall see, the headphones are in pristine condition, not even one scratch - the problem is internally in the left ear cup 

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Supersonic,

I would recommend to try to send them to the repair center and wait for their response.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

thanks, i have sent it and haven't heard from them yet, it's been almost 3 weeks...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey supersonicbionic, please update us when you do.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

very disappointing service from Sony. After 4 weeks of waiting, I went to the retailer to collect it and i found out that Sony could not fix it because....they did not have spare parts. Very ridiculous! I was told by the retailer that i could get another pair of headphones (either Sony or Bose or any other brand) for the price that i bought the original ones (which was a Black Friday deal!!!) which means i will pay the difference WOW!!!!!!! So now i am thinking of switching back to Bose, i am very disappointed by Sony, i had no headphones for one month then another month of using them with the creaky sound, what an experience, very poor quality!

That's all from me...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ supersonicbionic, I'm sorry but where's the issue here? You're getting what you paid for, or did I get you wrong?

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

i am sorry but what do you mean i am getting what i paid for? i didn't pay for a faulty pair of headphones with creaky sound on the left earcup... Sony admitted it is faulty but they had no spare parts to fix it so they returned it... 

Do you think this is acceptable?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

You said they offered you a replacement based on the amount you paid, did I get this wrong?