Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-1000xm3 loud hiss from noise cancelling

profile.country.GB.title
Panifex
Explorer

Wh-1000xm3 loud hiss from noise cancelling

My headphones were working well, but have now started making a terrible loud noise in the right ear whenever noise cancelling is turned on.  

Resetting makes no difference.

Anybody else had this? 

59 REPLIES 59
profile.country.GB.title
Help_make_hissing_stop
New

This can't be the end. A workaround I discovered is to toggle noise cancelling mode.

Anyone found a better product?

profile.country.CA.title
dejanh
Explorer

I physically replaced my hardware and that permanently solved the problem of the escalating hiss in the right earcup. There is never 100% silence, but 100% silence with no hiss isn't the case on my AirPods Pro either. So yeah, hardware replacement seems to be the only actual fix. 

profile.country.GB.title
Traffic
New

Straight out of the box I had the loud hiss in the right ear up. Only with Noise Cancelling on. The same as everyone else. Disappointed. Will try returning them for a swap as otherwise they are brilliant. I am just outside the 28 days as bought at beginning of December but hopefully with there being a history of this problem there won’t be a problem.

profile.country.GB.title
fufull
Explorer

Dear community,

Same problem here: after a day of use, this brand new device turns out to be unusable. My right ear litteraly hurts because of this loud, asymmetrical noise. 

I did a bunch of tests. I shared them with the Sony Support. The answer (from a guy named Yousra) holds in one line: "What you describe perfectly corresponds to the product specifications".

Should I laugh or cry?

Nicolas

profile.country.GB.title
Fredsx
Explorer

A few monts ago my headphones started to Imake a faint hissing sound like a distant waterfall.  It is gradually getting worse. I have the problem in both earcups. Terrible. 

profile.country.GB.title
andewil90
Explorer

Sent my set in despite the front line support view that behaviour was
normal and the warning that I'd be charged if they didn't find a problem.

Got a brand new set back, with a short note saying sorry for any
inconvenience caused, but no statement whatsoever about there being a
problem with the originals. My guess is that's the lawyers, but either way,
I'm happy with a working product now.

Good service, with a 5 day turnaround door to door and freepost service I
should note.
profile.country.FR.title
BigBide

I also do have the loud static noise on right earcupwith ANC on. (And can't return it as it's a Xmas gift :/)

I just noticed that the right earcup has only one little hole for the microphones, instead of 4 for the left one.

Maybe it could be one of the reasons it happens ?

profile.country.GB.title
RodrigoLR
Explorer

2 years passed and the problem still continues. It is a shame with the reviews of other channels I am sorry to have spent on these headphones.
I feel the sound like a buzz or a breath but in the left earpiece.

profile.country.FR.title
BigBide

Found some forums whe"re they solved the issue by moving the foam and cables inside the earcup. 

profile.country.GB.title
nickop44
Explorer

Can you please post a link to that site here please...