Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

XR-55X90J AND cam module

Hi,

In September I bought  Sony XR-55X90J and installed a cam card in the cam module. A day after I got artifacts and picture distortion on almost all channels (I got around 50) 

I contacted Sony support and after a couple of days with factory reset and discussion about my cam card, Sony suppott suggested I wait for a specific firmware update for my TV only that should solve my problem. I waited 10 days and contacted Sony support for an update. Answer was I should use the HD app that came with the latest firmware update. I checked and this firmware was only for Germany. I called Sony and told them. They would call me back. In the meantime I contacted seller and told about the problem, and they suggested to return the TV and get my money back.

I called seller and told them if I could get a replacement of the same TV, and they said yes.

A week later I got my replacement - a brand new TV.

I installed the CAM card reader and 2 days later same problems with the new TV. I called my TV provider end they sent me a new card and reader. Same problem.

I was very frustrated and my conclusion was that this TV model have issues with CAM.

I ordered a  set top box from my provider - and guess what.....no problems. So now I am 100 % sure this model have issues with CAM. I can see that other users have the same issue in this forum. Sony must do something about it and fix it. Thank you

Who Me Too'd this topic