Join now - be part of our community!

FE 4/24-70

AnnieC
New

FE 4/24-70

My FE4 /24-70 lens makes whining noises when the barrel is turned between 35mm and 24mm and when the camera is first switched on. I took it back to the place I bought it and they recommend returning it to Sony for repair - they were unable to say what the problem is other than it is an electronics one. The lens is just over three years old - I am disappointed it has this problem when it is so new. Has anybody else had the same issue and, if so, what did they do? Buy a new one or send it back to Sony for repair?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, well lenses are focusing and when you have the image stabilization on you're going to hear the noise of the lens focusing plus the stabilization. The rattle or clunking sound in your lens is normal. What you are hearing is the Image Stabilizer disengaging from the optics after stabilizing the glass elements in the lens. Aside from this, if you hear any other type of sound when the lens is mounted on the camera it is likely the autofocus or aperture. But if what you hear is something abnormal as if the lens is broken or so, you'll have to send them for repair.

You can contact them directly from here: https://www.sonypencoed.co.uk/contact/all-other-products/