Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a6000 bad focus after update

Sony a6000 bad focus after update

Hi,

Instead of improving autofocus, after sony a6000 firmware update from 3.20 to 3.21, it gets worse, missing focus often. How can i get back 3.2 version of firmware or what can I do? I’m very disappointed...

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Lucianctin,

are you sure the focus is worse/slower or is it possible, that the firmware update changed/reset settings you applied which might be the cause of the now worse performance?

- Nic

I know the reply is a couple of years old now but I'm having the same issue with the focus. I only upgraded to 3.21 firmware version in October 2021.  Since then, the autofocus is slower and lost a lot of 'in the moment' pics as a result.  All other settings are the same as they were before the upgrade.  Sony support claimed they haven't had any complaints about this and there's no way to downgrade back to the previous firmware.  They suggested a factory reset on the camera and I've done that now.  Hoping this helps...will see when I take some pics later this week if that's worked.  A friend with the A7 as he traded in his A6000 told me not to do firmware updates unless absolutely needed when I mentioned what had happened.  It's sad that Sony can't issue a fix for this.