Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ILCE-1 A1 AF tracking in video without LCD

profile.country.GB.title
interceptor121

Sony ILCE-1 A1 AF tracking in video without LCD

For those situations where the LCD cannot be used I would like the ability to start tracking from AF spot by pressing a function button after I have used the multifunction pad to place the af point where I want
This is how other cameras work I am not sure why this is so hard for Sony.
How do we get this message across? I am going through the customer support but it does not look like they really are useful for those type of issues
An Admin perhaps can direct the question?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @interceptor121, you have write in the italian Community but, maybe your suggestion can send to mid/hi level by @danardeng... Or @danardi78... 🤗

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok, it's my mistake or the thread It was moved...
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Sorry, danardi78 can’t access here, I have no power here 🤷‍♂️

profile.country.GB.title
interceptor121

I am based in UK

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hi @interceptor121 I've responded to your query on a different thread here. I hope this answers all of your questions. 

profile.country.GB.title
interceptor121

hi 

I know how it works however I AM NOT HAPPY OF HOW IT WORKS

I guess that is the difference

What use is to track using an LCD screen when you are out in the cold with gloves or have the camera in an underwater housing?

This is something that should be rectified all functions should be accessible regardless of using EVF or LCD

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi interceptor121, I passed your feedback to Sony. If there's going to be a change, it will be announced on the support page.

profile.country.GB.title
interceptor121

Thank you 

I hope this will be adressed as it is a key issue limiting the camera and making other people buy a Canon R5