Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
adyjay33

Well I'm glad to see others have the UHD problem too.

I stupidly updated mine to see if it would improve....of course it has not but it seems to have broken the Amazon App now... It worked before the update so I can't see any other reason why it does not now.

Thanks Sony.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
Kevwoods12

Just downloaded some sample hdr clips,  exodus,  life of pi and a couple of others. Copied onto USB drive and the TV shows video app won't see any files. They are on there. It's not that simple on this telly, is it? 

mk1.golf.1983

Download an app for the tv called es file explorer, that find them and is better than the preinstalled apps.

Mekerz

@Kevwoods12 wrote:

Just downloaded some sample hdr clips,  exodus,  life of pi and a couple of others. Copied onto USB drive and the TV shows video app won't see any files. They are on there. It's not that simple on this telly, is it? 

Try putting the files into a folder on the USB drive. The PS4 media player won't show any content that's on the root of a USB stick so maybe Sony televisions are the same.

Kevwoods12

I've got that, no joy there either. It may have been the file type,  it was some osx journalled or summat. I've reformatted it to exFat and copied them again. I'll see how that goes. 

EggDublin

Amazon UHD gone for me also. Same error.

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

I have the same Amazon UHD problem with the same error message.  I have logged the issue with Amazon although the December 10th update looks likely to be the cause - too much of a conincidence not to be.

Of course Technical Support won't be open until Monday to report it and I doubt they will fix it before Christmas.

In the words of Victor Meldrew, "I don't believe it!"

The more people who contact Sony and Amazon about this the more likely we are to get the problem fixed.... unless of course that fix introduces another error.

It's a real shame because the 4K panel on my TV is superb - just the operating system and updates that seem to be such a mess.

Anonymous
Not applicable

UHD Issue.

I have logged this issue with Sony.  

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2076770#M38116

Cheers

john.pringle

Same here on Amazon video. Also more even daily blank screen with sound issues There was only the occasional one before December update Now regular Not happy. Sony sort this out please. Sent from my iPad
jain236

i have made my mind.. mine 8405c is going back tomorrow... i am still in 30 day period so hopefully i shouldt have any problems with currys.... shame i really wanted to have sony... but unfortunately..i cannot cope anymore with the issue.... 

i will wait for sometime and then chose.