Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Tarzion

@waynefatboy wrote:

Anyone know why u can't assign the TV button to goto an hdmi port with the UK firmware but u can with eu firmware?

How do you do that?

Tarzion

This release introduces the *****ty lag in the Satellite tuning menu, which was there in v3169.

EDIT: My first freeze in the Satellite tuning menu.

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

you only have to tune it once, so does it really matter?  Is the everyday use of the TV responsivness improved?

Tarzion

@psp888 wrote:

you only have to tune it once, so does it really matter?  Is the everyday use of the TV responsivness improved?

Yes it does because I don't want to scan a entire satellite but a few transponders and it's very painful.

The overall responsivness has definitely improved.

I am going factory reset it later and start from scratch.

adyjay33

At last I can post...!

Tarzion... you dont think that they have reverted back to a firmware version that is actually more stable and thus reintroduced the tuning lag you are on about?

Have you factory reset it yet?

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
Tarzion

@adyjay33 wrote:

At last I can post...!

Tarzion... you dont think that they have reverted back to a firmware version that is actually more stable and thus reintroduced the tuning lag you are on about?

Have you factory reset it yet?

I am pretty sure Sony have tried to "fine tune" v3169 but not all parts of it.

I will factory reset later.

oodles2do

I've now downloaded the update twice, but when I check to see if it's finished downloading, if it has then it asks me to check if there's an update again. If I check it, it'll say there is one and start the download again! What the hell

oodles2do

And now I get an error message, saying the update server is temporarily unavailable. Looks like I'll have to use a usb

Tarzion

I used the USB and it was quicker to update that way.

mystiqu
Explorer

I think this version for UK is the equivalent version of 3.169, made for the rest of Europe.
http://www.sony.se/support/sv/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kd-4Kmodels-firmware-update-v3169-eub... (swedish - use chrome thanslate :wink:   )

Version 3.169 fixed pretty much all issues for me
 -A/V sync issues
 -Remote lag

-Black screen

-Freezes

-etc

Sure, the UI is not the most responsive in the world but in 10 days (since the update) I've not experienced any of the issues above. It now e.g. checks for a valid network connection before trying to do something that requires just that - probably something that caused some issues before.

I have only noticed some remote lag when being a bit too fast in the menus - something that resolves itself if leaving the remote "alone" for a few seconds.

Huge improvement  I must say!

//Mike