Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
alanxce

On the subject of 5.1 support in Amazon Video, the link below takes you to a list of supported devices according to Amazon. The Sony Andriod TVs are included so if it really isn't working the problem must be with Sony.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201460880

I got this information from this forum post:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20video%20on%20demand?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3EQAX98ED5WQ3&cdPa...

There are a number of posts in this forum referencing lack of 5.1 in a Sony setup so I guess that means we are waiting on Sony fixing it sometime in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

On the issue with Amazon 5.1, can i please refer you to my answer in this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/android-amazon-5-1-will-this-ever-be-fixed/m-p/2128332#M...

As a summary, there is an issue with this, but it is not clear whether its a Sony problem or an Amazon problem.  However, this issue has been raised with the engineers in Japan for investigation.  There is no ETA on fix/release

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

On the issue in regards to advice or advising people on refunds, I note that this has been said time and time again on this thread.  I believe that much of the relevent advice is being lost over the ~ 550 pages.  

Can I suggest that the refunds issue be split from this thread into another one, where-as the relevent information can be pulled/stored under on thread to save repeating.

Suggest referring to this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/general-chat/consumer-rights-act-2015/m-p/2055673

Cheers

quasimaddboy
Explorer

Hi

Have installed the firmware with USB recording.  The UI is very sparse and vague - for example its not easy to track what ongoing recordings are happening nor how to stop/pause them.  

But a strange problem occurs that it would be good to see if others notice - when I activate recording on cable tv channels, the TV fails to be able to tune into certain other TV channels while the recording is happening AND after the recording is stopped!

Only a TV restart will allow me to be able to view live TV channels as normal!!!!

Anyone else have the same problem?

iamkloot55

I have the same problem.
When recording I loose stations on the tv tuner.
I revert to my sky decoder to watch live tv.
Sony engineer to call.
scoopy6

We started a recording and then i-Player was 'not available on this device' (or something similar) - until a hard restart had been done, when it started working again.

49X8309C in uk
alanxce

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi all

On the issue with Amazon 5.1, can i please refer you to my answer in this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/android-amazon-5-1-will-this-ever-be-fixed/m-p/2128332#M...

As a summary, there is an issue with this, but it is not clear whether its a Sony problem or an Amazon problem.  However, this issue has been raised with the engineers in Japan for investigation.  There is no ETA on fix/release

Cheers

Thanks for this, at least we know it is registered as an issue.

alanxce

I noticed yesterday evening that my recording to USB on Freeview is definitely not operating to the scheduled times. 

I had a program set to go at 9pm, it threw up the message that recording was starting at 9:05pm so I lose the first five minutes. I had this problem before and I thought I had resolved it by adjusting start time gaps. I now have it set to no delay and program starts five minutes late.

Anyone else experience this problem?

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Hello all here again on these hallowed forums :slight_smile:

I can report how things have been going for me and that's about it at present.

The Latest UK Firmware is 1.6GB or so, and I can open it, but going through that much code with my hex editor is taking some time. :moon:

I'm going to have to do a full reset today as my bluetooth has stopped working. I'm in developer mode with logging enabled, but am unable to ftp into the device to gain access to the logs. But it seems once in developer mode the bluetooth scan ect, just plainly refuses to work. My poor old RMF-TX1000E is even being refused. And as I can not get anything to pair, all I can do is a Factory reinstall. :smileyinfo:

I'd like to be able to roil back the firmware if possible, but can not gain access to that option. :smileyinfo:

I have side loaded my favourite android apps, via ES File Explorer, but have no way of actually adding them to my home screen. I have to actually go in to settings/apps/ just to run them..:smileyminus:

I'd like to be able to customise what apps are on my home screen and what is not, but it seems all I can actually do is rearrange the ones already installed and any side loaded apps wont show up what ever I try and do. I did try using a different front end for android, but that still hasn't worked. And it seems the set does not like having a different launcher used.:smileyinfo:

I'm going to go back and factory reset and try again, but if bluetooth and other services are disabled by this, I'm probably just going to stay in retail until I can make progress else where.:smileyztele:

Thanks for all the contributions to this thread, and I will report back as soon as I get anywhere with this firmware or a different launcher.:smileyhappy:

Kind regards:smileypeace:

Richard :laughing:

oodles2do

@rsebre

Can I ask why you're going through code with a hex editor? Surely a normal text editor would be more useful as you wouldn't have to convert the text into hex on the editor then back again so you can understand it?