Join now - be part of our community!

AF9 pop-up message?

profile.country.GB.title
PaulinBont

AF9 pop-up message?

Top right- hand corner a message appears when the TV has been on about 15 minutes, disappears and then pops up again every 15 mins saying "Wifi Is Not Connected" I've only just got this TV and it's a mystery to me as to where and why it's there and more importantly,  how to I get rid of it.

Any suggestions where in settings I can turn it off please?

Signposting would be very helpful please.

Thank you.

Paul

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
PaulinBont

Yes, firmware updated and despite being connected to the internet, the "wifi not connected" messagestill appears then fades out in the grey box, top right of screen

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Paul,

It might be best to get in touch with the support team for further help here.

Let us know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
PaulinBont

I had a very quick response from Sony saying that their engineers will investigate and resolve the issue asap,

I'm not sure if this means it is a generic fault across the AF9 range or whether it is limited to my tv; can the engineers remotely fix my TV these days ?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Paul,

There is nothing to worry about, your TV is not defective. The issue you mention is a known bug across the AF9 line and the root cause is currently under investigation. A fix will be included as soon as possible with the next firmware release.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
PaulinBont

Thank you Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
beisser110

Have the same problem since factory reset for other issues! Will contact Sony if the issue is not

resolved in the next few days.

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @PaulinBont and @beisser110,

Would like to inform you that this issue is still under investigation. In the meantime I would like to ask you to contact Sony Customer Support and open a ticket if you still haven't done so. This goes also for any other readers with the same issue, please proceed to report the issue as this helps in resolving the issue sooner.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
beisser110

I have reported this issue and had conformation from Sony that they are working on it.

I have since had my AF9 replaced! because of other issues. and still seeing "wireless network disconnected" 

and proceeded by "network connected" seems to me like there are a few bugs in the system!